by Apostle Gabriel Cross I pray today that your faith exceeds the boundaries of the past, and the limitations of your mind. I decree that your eyes would be opened to see your own value, your own attractiveness, and your Own God-given power and spheres of influence, in this world. I pray that you would […]
Psalm 23:3: “He restores my soul.”
What a lovely scripture. God is a loving God, He cares for you, and gently calls you to obey his commands because God knows what is best for you, He knows what is good for you. God the Father, the Great God loves you and wants to see you blessed. So do you need healing? Has your spirit been so broken that you cannot begin to know where you are, or even if you still have a soul worthy to be reclaimed?
- Your soul is the principle of life, feeling, thought and actions in you, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body, the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical Part. Jewels of Nuggets ” your spiritual part is used to embody the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but your physical part is used to maneuver through a life of maze in this world”.
Some things that can destroy your soul:
- Failure in life
- Finance bankrupt
- Refusing to accept God’s gift of Salvation in “Jesus Christ”. God has given His grace and mercy for your sick soul.
All the things named above and more, your soul can be restored or healed by God. The question is “How do You Restore your Soul”.
In the Bible Passage of Psalm 23:3, it says “He restores my soul”. You need the Shepherd who leads His sheep to “green pastures”, the shepherd is the Messiah, the Lord, Jesus Christ. Jesus who dwells in your spirit will lead you to green pastures, to fresh and quiet waters. He will heal your soul with fresh flowing water, as He leads you on the path of righteousness. We who are Christians are the sheep of God’s pasture (Psalm 100:3), and only He can restore your soul. Restore means to repair or renovate, and the soul is the deepest part of us all, it is our spirit and innermost being, and God is the one who made you, so only He can restore you because only He knows what we truly need to restore our souls.
“And Jesus went all about the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every sickness and disease among the people”. (Matthew 9:35)
God has given you the answers about restoring your soul in the Bible:
- The Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The Bible has the wisdom to everything you will ever face.
- It will make you wise unto salvation (2 Timothy 3:15).
- It will encourage you when your heart is faint-hearted. (2 Corinthians 1:3).
- it will be your guidebook to a life of peace and satisfaction (Psalm 119:97-105).
There are many books written by men offering worldly wisdom, but only God’s Word is truly capable of restoring the soul and offering hope in times of distress.
Jewels of Nuggets “Turn unto Holy God and get healing and restoration for the soul”.
Restoring the soul is only possible for those whose souls have been redeemed through faith in Christ. Jesus promised rest to all those that would come to Him (Matthew 11:28-30), so it is important that we are sure of our salvation and our relationship with God. Only those who are truly born again in Christ can experience the peace and joy that God has promised in His Word.
When the Soul needs healing from discouragement, trials, and temptations, thankfully God has provided for our sources of encouragement and strength.
- He has given us His Word to guide, encourage and nourish us spiritually.
- Spend time reading the Word, hearing it preached.
- Most of all obeying the Word.
- God has given us the privilege and power of prayer.
- We need to take our problems, our discouragement, and our tiredness to God in prayer, knowing that God loves us and cares for us.
- He has given us other Christians to encourage us and support us.
- It is important to be a part of a healthy, well-balanced church and to regularly worship and fellowship with other believers.
Jewels of Nuggets. “We must trust God for the “Healing For The Soul”.
Anyone who needs “Healing For the Soul” from discouragement in times of trouble and tribulation is not unusual. Throughout the Bible, we see examples of godly men and women who have faced similar situations. These examples can serve as an encouragement to us today because the same God who was faithful to them then will be faithful to us today.
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (1Timothy 4:8)
Well, this is another Jewels of Nuggets for The Soul. Praise The Lord!!!
“And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” (Acts 2:1-4)
The Holy Spirit is a beautiful and powerful part of God. The Holy Spirit is described in the Bible as being fully God. Along with God the Father and God the Son (Jesus Christ), God the Spirit is the third member of the Godhead, known as the Trinity. The Holy Spirit illuminates the minds of people and makes them yearn for God. The Holy Spirit reveals the truth of God’s word in the Bible and applies it to the hearts of people. Our first encounter with the Holy Spirit is when He convicts us of sin and shows us we cannot live up to the righteousness of God, and convicts man of the judgment coming to him if he should die without the salvation of Jesus Christ. (John 16:8-11). When a man repents, confess his sins and receive Jesus, the Holy Spirit regenerates the dead human spirit in the body and makes it alive to become sensitive to things of God.
The Holy Spirit can supernatural empowers born again believers by the works of the Spirit:
- The Holy Spirit Is Your Helper – Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for If I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But If I go, I will send Him to you, (John 16:7). When I think of the Holy Spirit, I see Him as God with us, Helping and empowering us to live a Christian life that radiates the goodness of God. I am in constant need of the Holy Spirit to guide me daily. As my flesh is weak and there is a tug of war between the flesh and spirit, the Holy Spirit takes control so I can be who God has called me to be. So when you are feeling powerless or tired like you want to give up on life, continue in faith because you are not alone. “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you”. (John14:18). You can start each day knowing the Holy Spirit is there to help you. He is the power that sustains, encourages you and keeps you on the right path, do not hesitate to call on Him.
- The Holy Spirit Sanctifies You – And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11). You were set apart to be unique unto God because Sanctified means to be set apart. Believers go through the purification of sin and spiritual maturity to become more like Christ. This is a beautiful process for a believer – to leave the old behind and become a new person in Christ. It is a daily metaphors process, it takes time, that is why Christians must have patience.
- He Makes You More Like Christ – “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, Even as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Corinthians 3:18). Moses experienced God’s glory on the mountain top, but we have communion with Him every day! “Moses reflected the glory of God, whenever he was in His presence, but you and I may radiate the glory of God when we fill our hearts with the word of God. And through the working of the Holy Spirit’s power in our hearts, we will be infused and illuminates the light of Jesus in our lives through the Word of God. And by the Spirit, we will become transformed to live our lives in the likeness of Jesus Christ. Then, and only then will we become more like Christ. Our goal is to be Christlikeness, and this takes place by the working power of the Holy Spirit.
- He Helps You To Do The Father’s Will – “Then the Spirit said unto Phillip, go near and join thyself to this chariot”. (Acts 8:29). Throughout the New Testament, we see how the Holy Spirit gave directions to people in many situations, for the glorification of the work of God according to the will of God.
- The Holy Spirit Gifts You For Ministry – “There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the same work in all of us. A Spiritual Gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another, the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the One Spirit gives the gift of healing. He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. It is the One and only Holy Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides the gift each person should have”. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11). The Holy Spirits imparts to believers gifts that are needed in the church, nobody receives all gifts but they are distributed among the body of Christ, each person receiving different gifts. The gift or gifts you receive will empower you for the calling God has placed on your life. Embrace what God has put inside of you and be His instrument for Kingdom purpose.
- He Imparts Love – “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also, knowing that tribulations worketh patience; And patience, experience, and experience, hope, and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us”. (Roman 5:3-5). We find love in our suffering, as we endure trials, God’s love is poured out into us through the Spirit and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit carries you and me through trials and hard times. Never doubt God in your hard season, just remember the Holy Spirit is close to you in your heart, therefore God is with you.
- The Holy Spirit Gives Hope – “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope”. (Roman 15:13). Hope as God hopes. This is only possible in abundance through the power of the Holy Spirit. Hope is what carries people through trials and tribulations. Hope is the fuel for your soul.
- The Holy Spirit Teaches And Gives Insight – “But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you”. (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit will give you insight into the word of God when you read the Bible, and when you study the word of God for all of your spiritual growth and for the ministering of the Gospel. Holy Spirit brings to your mind understanding and truth. Have you ever had one of those moments when you were in a situation and a scripture verse you read or memorized years ago popped into your mind encouraging you at that very moment and time, well that was Holy Spirit reminding you of a verse or scripture you have learned while studying the word of God? He empowers you with the understanding and ability to recall and remember verses in the Bible that you’ve studied so you can apply them to your life situation.
- The Holy Spirit Guides your prayers – “Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26). Sometimes when I pray there are no words in my mind to speak to God, I don’t know what to ask God, I don’t know where to start, But Holy Spirit is there to speak for me and He gives words to my prayer to God. So at that moment I lean into the Holy Spirit and let me lead me into my prayer. Thank God for Holy Spirit.
- He Uses You For Evangelism – “But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth”. (Acts 1:8). Our whole purpose on earth is telling others about Jesus. Making disciples of others by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important part of our purpose unto God. Haveing Holy Spirit with us will help us to be a witness and tell others about what Jesus accomplished on the cross and how he conquered death by rising from the dead and ascending back to the Father in heaven and became victoriously over All things.
Don’t be afraid, the Bible says fear “Not”, trust Holy Spirit to lead and guide you into being the Kingdom Witness that God is calling you to become.
Well, this is another Jewel of Nuggets for The Soul. Praise the Lord!!!
I am blessed by “The Most High God” (EL ELYON)
God (EL ELYON) has blessed me to see a new decade enter end. I perceive the 2020 decade of years to be a GOOD one. I will keep God with me and carry Him everywhere I travel. If you can keep God with you, you will have good success.
I perceive 2020 to be a good year for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a healthy year for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a year of physical healing for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a peaceful year for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a joyful year for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a spiritual awakening for me.
I perceive 2020 to be a year of spiritual and emotional healing.
I perceive in 2020 that I will pursue God and God will pursue me to the end result of drawing me closer to Him, and in the closeness, I will attain the destiny that He has bestowed upon me from the foundation of the earth. I perceive that God is calling me to a higher level now and here in this season of my lifetime, and when I reach the goal that God has set for me, even though I know not the goal that he has set for me, but in my purpose, I will find my goal and complete it in Christ Jesus, if I am faithful to His calling and obedient unto His Holy Word, “I will” attain the destiny He has for me. I perceive that I am no longer in a season of Holding, but this is my season to soar high above my fears, worries, lack, past failures, past discouragement and even pass stumbling blocks that the enemy has tried to put in my way. I am an overcomer. Let me say that again, I am an overcomer and I will prevail. Praise God, praise God, Praise God, Hallelujah!!!
I am so blessed. My son is blessed. My grandson is blessed. My family is blessed. We all are blessed. The church is blessed for the Lord Jesus Christ gave his life and his blood was shed for her. I perceive that God wants to move the church to a higher dimension in 2020. This is the year of restoration and recovering the lost things of God. Bring the Joy of the Lord back into the church. Bring back the prayer warriors into the church. Bring back the unadulterated uncompromising word of God back into the church. Bring back the love for reading the Bible, and studying the word of God. Bring back, Ministers, Teachers, Evangelists, Pastors, Bishops, Apostles, Prophets, Laypeople and all people that have a heart for God, and God will see them as the apple of His eye. “For thus saith the LORD of hosts; after the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye”. Zechariah 2:8
For I perceive 2020 will be a higher dimension of pouring out of the Holy Spirit upon the people of God. The promise of the baptism of the Holy Spirit was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4. After the day of Pentecost God has poured the Holy Spirit into every believer at the time of salvation, when we were placed in union with Jesus Christ to work a work in us along with other believers in the body of Christ, and as the church of Christ continues to grow. Jewels of Nuggets “Praise the Lord”. When we, the church submit ourselves to the Holy Spirit, He can work a work in us to the pouring out of the anointing of God in a higher dimension. “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit”. 1 Corinthians 12:13
My storage is empty, Lord, and I am available to you. I perceive your blessing for me Lord, in this New Year 2020, as I receive the pouring out of the Holy Spirit in a higher dimension.
Well, this is another Jewel of Nuggets for the Soul. Praise the Lord!!!
“Touch not my anointed ones, do my prophets no harm!” When you read this scripture have an open mind to see the Words God was speaking for our benefits. “Do not touch My anointed ones, do my prophets no harm” is a scripture Christians take to mean they are promised protection by God, and He says do no harm to His anointed. All of the bad things that happen to slide into your life, we should remember the promises of the Lord God. This scripture is not used to defend unrighteous people who know they are teaching and ministering out of the Will of God, and they still call down fire and brimstone on people by using the scripture (1 Chronicle 16:22)KJV. Ministers of the Gospel is commanded to preach, teach, and evangelize according to the truth of God’s word, and then we can stand on (1 Chronicle 16:22), saying “do no harm to His anointed” When we read Acts 9:1-18 we are made aware of how Saul was threatening Christians to harm them because they were disciples of the Lord. He even went to the high priest and asked for a letter of permission to bound up any Christians that he found on the road of Damascus and deliver them bound unto Jerusalem. Saul was not saved and he hated Christians, we also have an enemy called the devil that hate us. Jesus warned us about the devil. “Be sober-minded; be watchful; your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour”. 1Peter 5:8. God’s eyes are upon the wicked “And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogance of the proud to cease and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible” (Isaiah 13:11). But Jesus interrupted Saul’s journey on the road of Damascus, he found himself facing a light from Heaven that knocked him of his horse, and falling to the ground he could not see anything for the light was brighter than bright. But he heard a voice calling out to him saying “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me”? And he said, “who are you, Lord”? And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what to do”. Saul was set-up by God, he was persecuting the people of God, but God used his wickedness and evilness toward Christians people for the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If it is necessary, God will use your enemies for a channel to get a blessing to you. “do no harm to His anointed”. Jesus, got Saul’s attention letting him know, Saul I see you and your wicked ways towards my people and it will not continue, I will use you for the Gospel’s sake, a far more better way of living a purpose-driven life. Saul was knocked to the ground and when he got up he could not see and had to be led by the hand into Damascus, and for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank. We who are Christian have many trials and tribulations, and we must pray to our God at the beginning of the tribulations for help. “And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. (Luke 6:12). Jewels of Nuggets “If Jesus prayed surely we must pray, we must pray continually none stop”. God will answer our prayer right on time, His timing, all you need to do is stand in faith, he will change situations, he will move mountains, in time of sickness seek God first before you take any other actions and watch God work and if need be, he will make your enemies your footstool. “The Lord said unto my Lord, sit thou at my right hand until I make thine enemies thy footstool” (Psalm 110:1). Your enemies will be blinded to what they were bringing against you, God will stop them in their tracts. God worked miracles and fulfill His promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, when he made a covenant with Abraham, and an oath unto Isaac. And He confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant. (1 Chronicles 16:15-18). (Genesis 50:24). (Exodus 2:24). Through these miracles, God created a nation of Abraham’s descendants that would bless the entire world. (Genesis 12:1-3 chapters). Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants were few in number, they lived as wandering strangers in a strange land. Through all their travels and travails, God protected them, increased their number, and prevented the powerful rulers of the lands where they wondered upon to live from harming them. What I am trying to get over is no one or nothing can prevent God’s promise from being fulfilled in you, even against all odds. “Do no harm to His anointed”. Nothing can stop the purpose of your life here on the earth. You will find your destiny and no one will bring harm to you while you are pursuing your God-given purpose.
DESTINY: The predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.
PURPOSE: The reason for which something exists or is done, made or used.
Jewels of Nuggets “find your Purpose and you will know your Destiny”
Well, another “Jewels of Nuggets for the Soul”. Praise the Lord!!!
“God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow … and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11. God has exalted Him (Jesus) above everything he is King of King and Lord of Lord. Revelation, the last book of the Bible that tells us what will come in the last days at the return of Jesus. Revelation tells us Jesus is given the full title “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (Rev. 19:16). But Revelation 17:14 switches it: Lord of lords and King of kings and this means He has power and authority to exercise absolute dominion over all the realms of God’s creations, Jesus is Lord of Lord. Jesus was with God at creation, He is part of the Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and when we speak of realm it means all of creation. In John’s vision, Jesus is returning to rule the world and establish His earthly kingdom, as he predicted in (Mark 13:26). When Jesus is called “King of kings and Lord of lords”, it means that, in the end, all other rulers will be conquered or abolished, and He alone will reign supreme as King and Lord of all the earth. There is no power, no king, no lord who can oppose Him and win.
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 1:18
There are references to the absolute rule of Jesus and His preeminence over other rulers throughout scriptures.
- Isaiah 40:23-24
- Daniel 7:13-14
In (Hebrews 1:3-4) we get a view of how the scriptures above speak of Jesus. “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power”.
Jesus was humble in His earthly ministry and His humiliation resulted in glorification. “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; “And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”.
“Jesus our Lord and King”. Jewels of Nuggets; it matters not whether on the earth among the living or under the earth among the dead and your soul meets the face of God you will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, says God.
Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords means there is no higher authority. His reign over all things is absolute and inviolable. God raised Him from the dead and placed Him over all things, “far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is the body, the fullness of him who fills all in all”.
Jewels of Nuggets: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS! It is the time of year when all girls and boys and even men and women and even the older ones, look for a special gift from Santa Clause. And that is a good thing. They are trying to hold onto Love within their selves to say I can love, I can give, I can make my family and friends happy. And that is good, love makes the world go around (so they say). But God is Love and there is no darkness in Him. God gave us Love when he sent His Son to be born to a virgin girl. Keep Love in your heart. Santa Clause is that magical mythical power that helps spread love and care in the hearts of us all at Christmas time. This world is so far gone into darkness, we seem to say anything goes, anything this flesh wants to do that is what I will do. Evil and wickedness prevail. But I must say, God sees it all and He is still on the throne. We who are the church, if you would read your Bible, do what the Bible says, love God, love others and then love yourself, if you would help others, witness to the lost sinner and tell others about God’s Love and bring them into the kingdom of God. Stop being so stuck-up and selfish and having this, I am too good and I am too pretty mentality to talk to you, to even tell you about the Word of God. We who are the church need to come down off your high horses and get to the ground and see people with a heart of compassion.
JESUS IS KING! Not us. We are servants of the Most High God. Act like it.
Another “Jewels of Nuggets for the Soul” Praise the Lord!!!
When you pray how do you want God to answer your prayer? Well, you may be thinking that you can call out a prayer to God and He will spin around to answer your prayer in a moment of time. I hope that you do not expect God to be a celestial genie who, when summoned by prayer, must grant any request you ask for. Don’t think you can compare God answering your prayer to the waving of a magic wand in your life. But the biblical fact is prayer has conditions. “It is true that Jesus said, if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer” (Matthew 21:22) “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith” So, Oh, I get it “if I have faith,” that is one condition to answered prayer. Also when you pray, you must pray the “Will” of God. As we read the Bible we find that there are other conditions to answered prayer.
HERE ARE A FEW BIBLICAL CONDITIONS FOR ANSWERED PRAYER:
- Pray to the Heavenly Father – Matthew 6:9KJV. Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name”. This condition to prayer may seem obvious, but it is important to know. We don’t pray to false gods, to ourselves, to angels, Buddha, or to the Virgin Mary. We pray to the God of the Bible, who revealed himself in Jesus Christ and whose Spirit indwells us. And we also are to pray in the Name of Jesus, our Messiah. Praying in Jesus’ name means praying with His authority and asking God the Father to act upon our prayers because we come in the name of his Son, Jesus. Praying in Jesus’ name means the same as praying the “Will” of God, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His “Will”, he hears us. And if we know that He hears us whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of him. (1John 5:14-15)KJV. When we come to Him as our “Father” it implies that we are His children, made so by Faith in Jesus. (John 1:2)KJV “But to all who did receive Him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
- Pray for good things – Matthew 7:11KJV. “If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!” We don’t always understand or recognize what is good for us, but God knows, and he is eager to give us, His children what is best for us. We read Paul prayed three times to be healed of an affliction, each time God said “No”. Now I guess you may think, why would a loving God refuse to heal Paul? It was because God had something better for him, namely a life for Paul that he never would have imagined, God had a mission for Paul, filled with His grace and mercy. Paul’s persecuting of God’s people and the church was brought to a halt by Jesus Christ, and God manifested His power over paul and brought him to be a servant who in the end brought many souls to God, by the writing of many books of the Bible. The affliction that Paul suffered was used to the glory of God, his new life in Jesus Christ was a prayer answered by a condition to live his life by the grace of God and It was a good thing for Paul, he said for “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Paul stopped praying for healing and begin to rejoice in his weakness, his strength was in his faith in who Jesus Christ was. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10) “KJV.
- Pray for needful things (Philippians 4:19)KJV. “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. When you place the priority of God’s kingdom as one of the conditions to prayer you will see your prayers answered. (Matthew 6:33)KJV. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you”. The promise is that God will supply all our needs, not all our wants. There is a difference.
- Pray from a righteous heart (Psalm 66:18)KJV. “If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear me”. To go before God with a righteous heart you should – Forgive anyone you have a grievance against, forgive others as God forgave you. -If you have wronged your brother confess your faults, one to another. -Pray for one to another, if you see someone have a need for prayer, ask them if you can pray with them, or if someone asks you to pray with them you should pray. Because “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”. “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water”. (Hebrews 10:22)KJV
- Pray from a grateful heart. When praying to God, the Alpha and Omega, there should always be an attitude of thankfulness. As I walk from day to day my life is filled with the blessing of God, therefore I am thankful when I pray. “Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God”. (Philippians 4:6). KJV
- Pray according to the will of God. 1John (5:14-15)KJV. “And this is the confidence we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. This is an important condition to our prayers when we pray, we must pray in the will of the Father, God expects his will to be prayed in our prayers, and He is glorified through answered prayer. Jesus always prayed the will of God, even in His most desperate time in Gethsemane: Jesus prayed “Not my will, but yours be done” (Luke 22:42). The truth be told, we can pray all we want, and with great sincerity and faith, for XYZ, but, if God’s will is ABC, we pray amiss, meaning God doesn’t hear your prayer.
- Pray in the authority of Jesus Christ (John 16:24)KJV. “Hitherto have you asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full”. For God to hear your prayer you will need to seal it with “In Jesus name”. Jesus is the reason we can even approach the throne of grace, God is Holy and it is only by Jesus Christ can we enter into the throne of God. The church is not a building, the church is the people gathered in the building who worship and give praises to their God, “The Great I Am”. Jesus is the Priest over the house of God, Jesus is the Christian High Priest, therefore all authority is given unto Him. (Hebrews 10:19-22)KJV. Jesus is the Christian mediator, he is the one who talks to the Father on our behalf when we pray. “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and Men, the man Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 2:5)KJV. So this is the authority of our prayer being answered, a condition of answered prayer is you pray “In the Name of Jesus”.
- Pray persistently (Luke 18:1)KJV. Jesus prayed to the Father many times, persistently. “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” When we go to the Father praying in His “will”, God hears. He doesn’t jump and answer your prayer request on a time clock schedule, He is not a genie. Therefore you must have faith in who God Is. You must believe He will answer your prayer. You must be patient and wait on God, He will answer on time, in His timing. While we are trusting the Father to answer our prayer, we should be persistent in our prayer, and thanking Him for the things we have already asked Him when we pray. “Pray without ceasing.” “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)KJV. So one of the conditions to effective prayer is that we don’t give up. “Jewels of Nuggets” Don’t give up on God, and don’t give up on your prayer”.
- Pray unselfishly (James 4:3)KJV. When you pray, your motives are very important to God, He sees your heart. selfishness should not be in a Christian personality. Selfishness is the attitude of being concerned about self only. It is the goal to make your empire and territory bigger, fatter and nothing else matters to you. That is the wrong attitude to have, it is evil and the Bible teaches against such. “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.(Philippians 2:3-4)KJV. “Jewels of Nuggets” when you pray to God your motives are very important. It is a condition for getting your prayer answered”.
- Pray in faith (Luke 1:37)KJV “For with God nothing shall be impossible”. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Faith is the foundation of your Christian relationship with God. Without Faith, a person can not attempt to follow after God, he can not see the works of God, or understand the works of God that were accomplished by His Son, Jesus Christ. “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering, for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed” (James 1:6)KJV. So the question I will ask you “Without faith, why pray?
- Joshua’s prayer for the sun to stand still was answered, as audacious, the request was it met all the condition of answered prayer.
- Elijah’s prayer for rain to be withheld – and then later he prayed that rain would fall was answered, his prayer met all the condition of answered prayer.
- Jesus’ prayer as He stood before the tomb of Lazarus met all the conditions of answered prayer.
They all prayed to Father God, according to His will, for good and necessary things, in faith. The prayers of Joshua, Elijah, and Jesus teach us that, when our prayers line up with God’s sovereign will, wonderful things will happen. Pray and God can move your mountains. (Mark 11:23)KJV). “Jewels of Nuggets” Get your prayers lined up with the “Will” of God. Let your desires line up with God’s desire for your life, want what He wants for your life, and do not desire the things that God doesn’t want for your life”.
Godly, effective prayer has conditions, but God wants us to pray, for prayer is our fellowship and communication to our Heavenly Father. We can pray big prayers, we can pray little prayers, we can pray audacious prayers. Just pray, All the time, in season and out of season. PRAY THE WILL OF GOD.
Another “Jewels of Nuggets for the Soul” Praise the Lord!!!
You want to hear something crazy? There is one month left in this entire DECADE. Yes – decade. I mean, I remember when Y2K was a thing back in 1999. People were preparing for doomsday with canned goods and generators and bottled water. Meanwhile, I was just playing NeoPets on the computer, listening to Blue…
A Thanksgiving Poem by Paul Dunbar – 1872-1906. Paul Laurence Dunbar, born 1872 and the author of numerous collections of poetry and prose, was one of the first African American poets to gain national recognition.
The sun hath shed it’s kindly light,
Our harvesting is gladly o’er
Our fields have felt no killing blight,
Our bins are filled with goodly store.
From Pestilence, fire, flood, and sword
We have been spared by thy decree,
And now with humble hearts, O Lord,
We come to pay our thanks to thee.
We feel that had our merits been
The measure of thy gifts to us,
We erring children, born in sins,
Might not now be rejoicing thus.
No deed of our hath brought us grace;
When thou was nigh our sight was dull,
We hid in trembling from thy face,
But thou, O God, wert merciful.
Thy mighty hands o’er all the land
Hath still been open to bestow
Those blessing which our wants demand
From heaven, whence all blessing flow.
Thou hath, with ever-watchful eye
Looked down on us with Holy care,
And from thy storehouse in the sky
Hath scattered plenty everywhere.
Then lift we up our songs of praise
To thee, O Father, good and kind;
To thee we consecrate our days;
Be thine the temple of each mind.
With incense sweet our thanks ascend;
Before thy works our power pall;
Though we should strive years without end,
We could not thank thee for them all.
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name”. Psalms 100:4KJV
Give thanks to God every day with praise and worship, thanking Him for all the blessings he showers over us day by day. The Day of Thanksgiving is a time when we allow our body, soul, and spirit to come together in one big THANKS and GIVING unto God all we have to offer him in Hallelujah praise.!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM JEWELS FOR THE SOUL BLOG!!!
via God Our Healer