Jesus Sermon on the Mount included “Religious Showoffs”. Jesus said to His disciples don’t display what you say, or what you do to impress others. He wanted them to know that it was God whom their merit of actions should glorify. When you do your charitable deeds don’t do them before men to get your selfish rewards from men. But do them in secret for your Father in Heaven will see your deeds of work, and then He will reward you in secret for your charitable deeds. When you do good, do good for God to reward you, and do not expect your rewards from man. Just as Jesus said to His disciples, do not sound an alarm off like the hypocrites to tell everyone you meet on the street, or at your office or place of work, or tell your family, or even tell your pastor, or the brothers and sisters in church. But you do your charitable work in secret to honor God, and God is the only one who should be glorified, not you, you are the temple through which the work of the Lord is glorified. Jesus assured them that hypocrites did such things, and they should not be like them. Because the hypocrites’ rewards from men would be the only reward they would receive.
Matthew 6: 1-4NKJV
- 1.Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them, otherwise you have no reward from your Father in Heaven.
- 2.Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their rewards.
- 3.But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
- 4.That your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will himself reward you openly.
What kind of neighborhood do you think we will have if when a church had a dinner feast and along with its members it would extend an invitation to people who was not members of the church? Do you think the community would see the church in a different way? How would you feel if your church did such a thing? Do you think the church could get more people saved to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
“Let your charitable deeds be done in secret and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly”.
Luke 14: 12-14NKJV
- 12.Then He also said to him who invited Him, “When you give a dinner or supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid.
- 13.”But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind.
- 14.”And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection, of the just”.
This is another Jewels of Nugget / Jewels of the Soul Blog February 27, 2022 Praise the Lord!!!