Valentine’s Day, also known as saint Valentine’s Day, originated as a church holiday on February 14th to honor martyrs of the faith – saints whose names were Valentine or Valentinus. It is believed that the first heart valentine note was sent by a valentine who was in prison for a girl he loved. Valentine notes has been recorded as far back as the Middle Ages. While the meaning and celebrations of Valentine’s Day has changed, it has remained as a special day to shower with love those we hold close. What better way to celebrate than with affirming words of love with Bible verses for Valentine’s Day? Valentine’s day can create a variety of emotions for different people. For some it creates great satisfaction celebrating the love you have between you, your spouse, and friends and family. For other it can cause feeling of loneliness. Whether you are single or in a relationship, let these Bible verses encourage you to celebrate, for God has unconditional and indescribable love for us. God is totally all for us. No matter your age or stage in life, Valentine’s Day can be celebrated because of God’s great love. Not just on Valentine’s Day, Love can be celebrated year-round!!!
Share these Scriptures with people on Valentine’s Day or any other day to show them they can have love in their life. The Scriptures in the Bible is filled with God’s spoken words of love for us. There is nothing like the love of God, He revealed to us by His incomparable love, when He gave us His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- 1 John 4:8 – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- Ecclesiastes 9:9 – Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun-all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.
- Proverbs 31:10 – A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
- Song of Solomon – 1:16 -Behold, you are handsome, my beloved! Yes, pleasant! Also, our bed is green.
- Song of Solomon – 2:2 – Like a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
- Song of Solomon – 2:16 – My beloved is mine, and I am his. He feeds his flocks among the lilies.
- Song of Solomon – 3:4 – Scarcely had I passed by them, When I found the one, I love. I held him and would not let him go, until I had brought him to the house of my mother, and into the chamber of her who conceived me.
- Song of Solomon – 4:9 – You have ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; You have ravished my heart with one look of your eyes, with one link of your necklace.
- Song of Solomon – 4:10 – How fair is your love, My sister, My spouse! How much better than wine is your love, and the scent of your perfumes Than all spices!
- John – 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- 1 John – 3:16 – By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- 1 John – 3:17 – But whoever has this world’s good, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
- Colossians – 3:14 – But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
- Ephesians 5: 23-25 – For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the savior of the body.
- Ephesians – 5: 24 – Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
- Ephesians – 5: 25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her.
- John – 15: 13 – Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friend.
- Genesis – 29: 20 – So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed only a few days to him because of the love he had for her.
Love is a very powerful emotion. It motivates much of our lives. We make many important decisions based on this emotion, and it is what we think when we get married, we feel that we are “in love”. This may be the reason about half of all first marriages end in divorce. The Bible teaches us that true love is not an emotion that can come or go, but a decision. We are not just to love those who love us; we should even love those who hate us, the same way Christ loves the unlovable (Luke 6:35). “Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects. always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is God! Love is knowing God. Love is loving others because we love God.
This is another Jewels of Nugget / Jewels for the Soul Blog February 24, 2022, Praise the Lord!!!