Psalm 23:3: “He restores my soul.”
What a lovely scripture. God is a loving God, He cares for you, and gently calls you to obey his commands because God knows what is best for you, He knows what is good for you. God the Father, the Great God loves you and wants to see you blessed. So do you need healing? Has your spirit been so broken that you cannot begin to know where you are, or even if you still have a soul worthy to be reclaimed?
- Your soul is the principle of life, feeling, thought and actions in you, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body, the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical Part. Jewels of Nuggets ” your spiritual part is used to embody the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but your physical part is used to maneuver through a life of maze in this world”.
Some things that can destroy your soul:
- Failure in life
- Finance bankrupt
- Refusing to accept God’s gift of Salvation in “Jesus Christ”. God has given His grace and mercy for your sick soul.
All the things named above and more, your soul can be restored or healed by God. The question is “How do You Restore your Soul”.
In the Bible Passage of Psalm 23:3, it says “He restores my soul”. You need the Shepherd who leads His sheep to “green pastures”, the shepherd is the Messiah, the Lord, Jesus Christ. Jesus who dwells in your spirit will lead you to green pastures, to fresh and quiet waters. He will heal your soul with fresh flowing water, as He leads you on the path of righteousness. We who are Christians are the sheep of God’s pasture (Psalm 100:3), and only He can restore your soul. Restore means to repair or renovate, and the soul is the deepest part of us all, it is our spirit and innermost being, and God is the one who made you, so only He can restore you because only He knows what we truly need to restore our souls.
“And Jesus went all about the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every sickness and disease among the people”. (Matthew 9:35)
God has given you the answers about restoring your soul in the Bible:
- The Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The Bible has the wisdom to everything you will ever face.
- It will make you wise unto salvation (2 Timothy 3:15).
- It will encourage you when your heart is faint-hearted. (2 Corinthians 1:3).
- it will be your guidebook to a life of peace and satisfaction (Psalm 119:97-105).
There are many books written by men offering worldly wisdom, but only God’s Word is truly capable of restoring the soul and offering hope in times of distress.
Jewels of Nuggets “Turn unto Holy God and get healing and restoration for the soul”.
Restoring the soul is only possible for those whose souls have been redeemed through faith in Christ. Jesus promised rest to all those that would come to Him (Matthew 11:28-30), so it is important that we are sure of our salvation and our relationship with God. Only those who are truly born again in Christ can experience the peace and joy that God has promised in His Word.
When the Soul needs healing from discouragement, trials, and temptations, thankfully God has provided for our sources of encouragement and strength.
- He has given us His Word to guide, encourage and nourish us spiritually.
- Spend time reading the Word, hearing it preached.
- Most of all obeying the Word.
- God has given us the privilege and power of prayer.
- We need to take our problems, our discouragement, and our tiredness to God in prayer, knowing that God loves us and cares for us.
- He has given us other Christians to encourage us and support us.
- It is important to be a part of a healthy, well-balanced church and to regularly worship and fellowship with other believers.
Jewels of Nuggets. “We must trust God for the “Healing For The Soul”.
Anyone who needs “Healing For the Soul” from discouragement in times of trouble and tribulation is not unusual. Throughout the Bible, we see examples of godly men and women who have faced similar situations. These examples can serve as an encouragement to us today because the same God who was faithful to them then will be faithful to us today.
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (1Timothy 4:8)
Well, this is another Jewels of Nuggets for The Soul. Praise The Lord!!!