Psalms 127:3-5 —- 3. ” Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” 4. “As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man, so are children of the youth.” 5. “Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.”
Being a mother is a very important role that the Lord chooses to give to many women. A Christian mother is told to love her children (Titus 2:4-5), in part so she doesn’t bring reproach on the Lord and on the savior whose name she bears.
Children are a gift from the Lord (Psalm 127:3-5). The Greek word philoteknos gives reference to mothers loving their children. This word represents a special kind of “mother love”. The idea that flows out of this word is caring for our children, nurturing them, affectionately embracing them, meeting their needs, and tenderly befriending each one as a unique gift from God.
Several things are commanded of Christian mothers in God’s word.
- Availability – morning, noon, and night. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
- Involvement – interacting, discussion, thinking and processing life together. (Ephesians 6:4)
- Teaching – the scriptures and a biblical worldview. (Psalms 78:5-6; Deuteronomy 4:10; Ephesians 6:4)
- Training – helping a child to develop skills and discover his/her strength. ( Proverbs 22:6) and spiritual gifts (Roman 12:3-8) and (1 Corinthians 12)
- Discipline – teaching the fear of the Lord, drawing the line consistently, lovely, firmly (Ephesians 6:4; Hebrews 12:5-11; Proverbs 13:24; 19:18; 22:15; 23:13-14; 29:15-17)
- Nurture – providing an environment of constant verbal support, freedom to fail, acceptance, affection, unconditional love. (Titus 2:4; 2 Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:1-2; Galatians 5:22; 1 Peter 3:8-9)
- Modeling with integrity – living what you say, being a model by which a child can learn by “catching” the essences of godly living (Deuteronomy 4:9; 15; 23; Proverbs 10:9; 11:3; Psalms 37:18, 37)
The Bible never states every woman should be a mother. However, it does say that those whom the Lord blesses to be mothers should take the responsibility seriously. Mothers have a unique and crucial role in the lives of their children. Motherhood is not a chore or unpleasant task. Just as a mother bears a child during pregnancy, and just as a mother feeds and cares for a child during infancy, so mothers also play an ongoing role in the lives of their children, whether they are adolescents, teenagers, young adults, or even adults with children of their own. While the role of motherhood must change and develop, the love, care, nature, and encouragement a mother gives should never cease.
“Jewels of Nuggets” this an example of how God expects a mother to be toward her children. God gave the woman to man in the garden of Eden, as a helpmate. To bring forth children from the love of them both. Somewhere as man became his own God, he messed-up and began to think it is all on the mother when it comes to caring for the family. Somewhere down in the future man begin to think he just had one part in making the family, and that was a pleasure to satisfy the flesh, in the family that God himself created and commanded it to flourish. God loves mothers. He loves man and woman, he created them for each other, to love each other and spend a lifetime together. God is love, and family is right out of the heart of God. I thank you God for everything you are, that has enabled me and is enabling me to strive to be a Mother from the heart of you. For you are my help, you are my everything that I need to walk this life alone. Thank you, EL ROI …
I LOVE YOU MOM TODAY
I love you. I love you.
I love you, mom today,
because you care for me in such a special way.
And so I thank you. I honor you.
I pray God bless your special day. I love you more than words can say.
Your life, your love
the way you give unselfishly, so many little things you do
that reflect God’s love to me, and so I thank you.
I honor you.
I pray God bless your special day.
I love you more than words can say.
I love you more than words can say, more than words can say, more than words can say.
By: Carol Connell 2017
Well, another Jewels of Nuggets for the Soul. Praise the Lord!